[R] Options for bootstrapped CIs for indirect effect: Nested data structure, missing data, and fully continuous X variable

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 15:47:40 CET 2017

Private, because off topic.

Thierry:

I believe your advice is incorrect. The imputation and model fitting
*must* be included as part of the bootstrap sampling -- that is, you
must fit and multiple impute for each bootstrap sample as that mimics
what you did with the original sample.  Your procedure underestimates
variability and so is likely to lead to irreproducible results.

Of course, if I'm wrong, I would appreciate expanation and correction,
but I would certainly understand if you have bigger fish to fry.

Cheers,
Bert
Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."