[R] Why is options(digits = 1) displays two digits?

Gerrit Eichner Gerrit.Eichner at math.uni-giessen.de
Tue Mar 21 10:45:13 CET 2017

Hi, Tal,

in print.default it says:

digits:

a non-null value for digits specifies the __minimum__
number of __significant__ digits to be printed in values.

Maybe this clarifies your observation.

  Hth  --  Gerrit

Dr. Gerrit Eichner                   Mathematical Institute, Room 212
gerrit.eichner at math.uni-giessen.de   Justus-Liebig-University Giessen
Tel: +49-(0)641-99-32104          Arndtstr. 2, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Fax: +49-(0)641-99-32109            http://www.uni-giessen.de/eichner