[R] nlmrt problems - No confInt, NA StdErr, t-, or p-values

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 14:12:17 CET 2017

You can use wrapnls from the nlmrt package to get an nls object.  Run
it instead of nlxb. It runs nlxb followed by nls so that the output is
an nls object..  Then you can use all of nls' methods.

On occiasion that fails even if nlxb succeeds since the nls
optimization can fail independently of nlxb.  Also, it does not show
the output from nlxb, only from the final nls, so you could
alternately run nlxb and then run nls2 from the nls2 package after
that.  nls2 can compute the nls object at a particular set of
coefficients so no second optimization that could fail is done. Here
is an example that uses nls2 to generate starting values for nlxb,
then runs nlxb and then uses nls2 again to get an nls object so that
it canthen  use nls methods (in this case fitted) on it.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42511278/nls-curve-fit-singular-matrix-error/42513058#42513058