[R] assigning dimnames to arrays

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Mar 21 17:29:21 CET 2017

While I generally agree that it is better to design code that sets all of the dimension names simultaneously, the discrepancy between behavior when the dimensions are longer than 1 and when they are equal to 1 seems irregular. Someone went to some lengths to make it possible to set dimnames individually "most" of the time and it is not clear to me why they stopped short of all the time.