[R] switch parameter in MSwM package

Ashim Kapoor ashimkapoor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 06:41:14 CET 2017

Dear All,

I am currently trying to use the Markov Switching Models(MSwM) package in
R.I am not sure as to how to use the switch parameter.  From what I
understand, switch is a boolean vector which says what parameters are
regime dependent.

My confusion is that what is the order of the parameters when I say switch
= rep(TRUE,6) ? For instance what are parameters 1/2/3 ?

The first parameter is probably the regime dependent intercept. The last
parameter I think will be regime dependent variance.

Can someone please show me how I can code the following equation?

y_t =mu_{S_t} + Phi_{S_t, 1 } * ( y_{t-1} - mu_{S_{t-1} } )  + sigma_{S_t}
* epsilon_t

where epsilon_t is N(0,1).

Is parameter 2 corresponding to Phi_{S_t,1}  or mu_{S_{t-1}} ?

Best Regards,
Ashim

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]