[R] Setting up a .Rprofile file

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 18:00:50 CET 2017

Inline.

Cheers,

Bert

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 2:36 AM, Bruce Ratner PhD <br at dmstat1.com> wrote:
> Henrico:
> Thanks for quick reply.
> However, one last question:
> If I want to change working directory, and put setwd() in the Rprofile file, logically R will not know where the be work directory is, correct?

No. See ?setwd . It requires a dir argument and will therefore give an
error if one is not supplied. Nothing to do with "knowing" what the
current working directory is.

> So, should I install R in my preferred working directory?

No (imho, anyway). Your working directory may change over time,
depending on how you organize things of course.

Please re-read the advice you have been given as well as ?startup.

Cheers,
Bert

> Thanks again, in advance.
> Bruce
>

> ______________
> Bruce Ratner PhD
> The Significant Statistician™
> (516) 791-3544
> Statistical Predictive Analytics -- www.DMSTAT1.com
> Machine-Learning Data Mining -- www.GenIQ.net
>

>> On Mar 24, 2017, at 3:48 AM, Enrico Schumann <es at enricoschumann.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 23 Mar 2017, Bruce Ratner PhD writes:
>>
>>> Hi R'ers:
>>> I would like to setting up a .Rprofile file with
>>> setwd("C:/R_WorkDir")
>>> set.seed(12345)