[R] Difference between R for the Mac and for Windows

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Mar 31 07:36:33 CEST 2017

> On Mar 30, 2017, at 8:40 PM, Boris Steipe <boris.steipe at utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
> I can't remember having seen my students write code that runs correctly on one platform but not the other. Obviously under the hood there are significant differences, but as far as code goes, R seems quite foolproof. There are GUI differences in base R - but AFAIK no such differences in the RStudio IDE.
>
> B.

The Mac version of R is more like the Linux version when run from the UNIX command line. RStudio and the R.app GUI's are both nice IDE's. A few packages are not available because of the need to link to programs that are only available on a particular OS. You can see which ones with a visit to the Cran package checks pages.

--
David