[R] clip a raster according to a shape file in R.

M.M saifuddin mmsaifuddin09 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 05:30:19 CEST 2017

I have a grid data which has values of a variable (e.g: Temperature). My
data has 6069 data points where each data point refers to different
latitude and longitude. I want to transform this data to a raster file so
that I can clip it according to a shapefile that has much smaller
boundaries than the raster ( actually the shapefile basins fall inside the
much larger raster file which covers the whole USA).

Can I do it by R? I know that this can be done by ArcGIS but I want to do
it with R.

Please help me.

TIA

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]