[R] General Beta Distribution

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu May 4 01:30:11 CEST 2017

> On May 3, 2017, at 9:08 AM, Collins Ochieng Onyanga <collins at aims.ac.tz> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> I hope you are doing well, I have a problem fitting the *general Beta
> distribution* to my data. Any help will be highly appreciated.

There may be people reading the list who will immediately know a function that meets your expectations, but it would be safer if you would point to a reference that mathematically defines those expectations. When I do a google search on "general Beta distribution" I am told that a "generalized Beta distribution" just involves jiggling a bit with the location and shape parameters:

http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/eda/section3/eda366h.htm

...  and that leads me to believe that the ordinary dpq-beta functions  in the stats package should be sufficient.

You really _should_ read the Posting Guide and after taking time to do that (perhaps needing 2 or 3 read-throughs) , post a small example that illustrates your data and any coding efforts.

--
David.