[R] Generating samples from truncated multivariate Student-t distribution

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue May 9 22:17:31 CEST 2017

> On May 9, 2017, at 1:11 PM, Czarek Kowalski <czarek230800 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Of course I have expected the difference between theory and a sample
> of realizations of RV's and result mean should still be a random
> variable. But, for example for 4th element of mean vector: 35.31 -
> 34.69571 = 0.61429. It is quite big difference, nieprawdaż? I have
> expected that the difference would be smaller because of law of large
> numbers (for 10mln samples the difference is quite similar).

I for one have no idea what is meant by a "4th element of mean vector". So I have now idea what to consider "big". I have found that my intuitions about multivariate distributions, especially those where the covariate structure is as complex as you have assumed, are often far from simulated results.

I suggest you post some code and results.

--
David.