[R] [FORGED] creating a color gradient in geom_ribbon

Paul Murrell paul at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Thu May 11 05:08:36 CEST 2017

Hi

If the ribbon has constant "height" then this can be hacked by drawing a
bunch of ribbons (polygons) with different heights and slowly changing
colours.  If the height of the ribbon varies, then you could use the
same approach and clip the result, with a little bit more work.  The
attached code demonstrates the latter approach (the image files that it
produces for me are also attached).

Hope that helps

Paul

--