[R] installing caret package

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sat May 13 02:16:45 CEST 2017

On 12/05/2017 4:21 PM, Elahe chalabi via R-help wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Rstudio 64 bit version3.2.5 and I faced a problem installing caret package,the error is :

> Error : object ‘sigma’ is not exported by 'namespace:stats'
> Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘caret’

The caret function was introduced in R 3.3.0.  You need to update R to
be at least as new as that.

You might also let the maintainer of caret know about this; they should
have "Depends:  R (>= 3.3.0)" or something similar to prevent this kind
of error.  (But I don't see "sigma" being used in the current source, so
this may have been addressed already, or the error message may be
tricking me into looking in the wrong place.)

Duncan Murdoch