[R] Question about change the length of a string.

Yen Lee b88207001 at ntu.edu.tw
Fri May 19 05:57:51 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

I have a question and I need your precious kind help.

I am working on matching two string. However, the length of the two strings
is different. For example, one is "example" (nchar=7), the other one is
"example   " (nchar=10). The R considers them as different strings but they
will be the same if I could make the first string has 10 characters,
"example" followed by 3 spaces. However, I could not find a way to do it. Is
there anyone able to provide some suggestions?

I appreciate your precious time!!!!

Best,

Yen

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]