[R] Installing ranger package in Ubuntu 14

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue May 23 17:28:18 CEST 2017

A) This should be asked on R-sig-debian or R-devel. This list is about the R language and basic installation issues... compiled installation debugging requires OS and C language skills that are OT here.

B) You should read and follow the advice in the Posting Guide for all R mailing lists,  specifically about posting using plain text email.

C) You need to use the same compiler setup for the package as you used to install R. If you are not using the system package manager then you should probably be clear in your question about what your original configure setup was for R when you ask for help elsewhere. Beyond that I have no experience to offer, as using the system package manager has been adequate for my needs.