[R] using "dcast" function ?

Ulrik Stervbo ulrik.stervbo at gmail.com
Fri May 26 12:45:05 CEST 2017

It is correct and will produce a data.frame. But I guess the result is not
what you intend since the resulting data.frame nothing but NA and Samples
in the diagonal:

df1 <- data.frame(x = letters[1:5], y = letters[6:10])
reshape2::dcast(df1, x ~ y)

You are missing values somewhere. If you want all possible combinations of
Cancer_Gene and Sample, look at expand.grid:

expand.grid(df1)

HTH
Ulrik