[R] finding components of an API

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at effectivedefense.org
Mon May 29 03:51:43 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-28 8:16 PM, Erin Hodgess wrote:
> I have actually just figured it out with some help from a JS website . Was going to post the solution but maybe I shouldn't ?

       Have you considered contacting them and asking at
"https://spotcrime.com/contact.php"?

       The web site does not contain copyright information that I can
find.  Their "Terms of Use" (https://spotcrime.com/tos) says, "You will
not ... distribute any files ... where it is possible that ... any of
the Website may be used to distribute copyrighted materials to or from
persons who are not authorized to receive, copy, distribute or use
them."  I suggest you contact them.  Explain this could make it easier
for people to use their data and promote their web site.

       The "Ecfun" package contains various "read*" functions that
scrape data from different web sites. If spotcrime.com says it's OK to
access their web site as you have AND you'd like to add a function to do
this to the "Ecfun" package, please go to R-Forge, find the "Ecdat"
project, and "request to join"  I will approve.

       Spencer Graves