[R] Differentiate values in a plot by colour or symbol

Tobias Christoph s3tochri at uni-bayreuth.de
Tue May 30 18:02:28 CEST 2017

Hey Guys,

I just try to differentiate certain values in my plot by colour or symbol.

I have panel data with three dimensions (number of stations, revenue,
years). To integrate the third dimension (years) in the plot, I want to
differentiate the values(number of stations, revenue) by a certain range
of years.

e.g.: 2005-2010: red coloured dots, 2011-2016, blue coloured dots

For the normal plot I used the following formula:

*plot(data$stations, data$revenue, xlab="stations", ylab="revenue")*

I only found a way to mark every single year. So hopefully you can help?

Cheers,

Toby

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]