[R] beta binomial distribution installation

Amany Abdel-Karim ABDELKARIM2 at msn.com
Wed Nov 1 17:09:31 CET 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I need to install RankTail package since it contains the beta binomial distribution, CDF and inverse CDF in the usual form which I need to use. However rmutil package contain unusual forms for these functions. So it is easier for me to deal with the forms are contained in RankTail.

I tried to install  bioconductor package, using the following commands but I still got the following errors:

 (1) I tried biocLite() and then library ("TailRank"), I got the following errors.

> biocLite()
Error in biocLite() : could not find function "biocLite"
> library("TailRank")
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘TailRank’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
 there is no package called ‘Biobase’
In addition: Warning messages:
1: package ‘TailRank’ was built under R version 3.4.2
2: package ‘oompaBase’ was built under R version 3.4.2

(2) I tried to write the command biocLite(), then biocLite("TailRank"), I got the following errors:

> biocLite()
Error in biocLite() : could not find function "biocLite"
> biocLite("ilRank")
Error in biocLite("ilRank") : could not find function "biocLite"
> biocLite()
Error in biocLite() : could not find function "biocLite"
> biocLite("TailRank")
Error in biocLite("TailRank") : could not find function "biocLite"

Also, I checked under packages on the right side of the R window and I found TailRank , Description is Tail-Rank statistic, and version is 3.1.3. So, I tried to write the following code in the console window to check if the package works:

> N<-20
> u<-3
> v<-10
> p<-u/u+v
> x<-0:N

> yy<-dbb(x,N,u,v)

I got the following error:
Error in dbb(x, N, u, v) : could not find function "dbb"

I am confused because if the package TailRank is already there, why the pervious code does not work to calculate dbb (x,N,u,v) and I got error? If I do not have the package, would you please let me know the right commands I should write in the script window to install TaiRank because the commands I used (which I mentioned at the beginning of the email did not work and gave errors). I appreciate your help since I am a new user of R.

Amany