[R] For each entry type in column?

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Mon Nov 6 20:49:27 CET 2017

Hello,

If you want to loop through the columns of a data.frame you can do

for(i in names(df)){
     [code]
}

Another way would be

lapply(names(df), function(somecol) class(df[[somecol]]))

where class(df[[somecol]]) is just an example, you would use whatever
fits your needs.

When you say that the column in question holds "levels" do you mean it's
a factor? (factors are R's categorical variables.)

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas