[R] tcltk problems

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Nov 19 15:15:47 CET 2017

On 19 November 2017 at 12:17, peter dalgaard wrote:
| Dirk may want to dig in here:

I respectfully decline.

R builds fine on every Ubuntu system, and always has.  No bug in R, or
Ubuntu, or Debian (which would be cup of tea). There is the distro package
(which may be older if an older distro like 16.04 is used) and there always
is a current package at CRAN based on Michael's build of my packages. Always.

Of course a lot of people also locally build R, or maybe R-devel. There is no
general issue here as best as I can tell.

| [...] if one user has shot himself in the foot somehow.

My brief reading suggests that this is the case.

Nothing good comes off moving files around in /usr as was done.  It creates
local non-standard circumstances. You cannot expect standardized build to
anticipate each and every possible non-standard modification.

This discussion is still on the wrong list too.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org