[R] Scatterplot of many variables against a single variable

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 10:42:29 CET 2017

Hi Engin,
Sadly, your illustration was ambushed on the way to the list. Perhaps
you want something like this:

# proportion of useful answers to your request
pua<-sort(runif(20))
#legibility of your request
lor<-sort(runif(20))+runif(20,-0.5,0.5)
# is a data set provided?
dsp<-sort(runif(20))+runif(20,-0.5,0.5)
# generate a linear model for the above
pua.lm<-lm(pua~lor+dsp)
# get the coefficients
pua.lm

Call:
lm(formula = pua ~ lor + dsp)

Coefficients:
(Intercept)          lor          dsp
    0.1692       0.6132       0.3311

plot(pua~lor,col="red",main="Proportion of useful answers by request quality")
points(pua~dsp,col="blue",pch=2)
abline(0.1692,0.6132,col="red")
abline(0.1692,0.3311,col="blue")

So, the more readable your request and the quality of the data that
you provide, the more useful answers you are likely to receive.

Jim