[R] Fwd: Wanted to learn R Language

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Thu Nov 30 22:23:16 CET 2017

And if you have trouble with read.export(), then another option is to use SAS to export the data to a text file, then load it into R using R's read.table() function.

I would suggest that the SAS export be to a tab-delimited file, with column headers, and no quotes around text fields, but there are other options.

Pay careful attention to the stringsAsFactors argument of read.table, and I would suggest setting it to FALSE at first, at least until you learn enough about factors in R to know when to use them, and when not.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory