[R] Help on adding a negative binomial density plot

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Oct 3 18:15:05 CEST 2017

> On Oct 3, 2017, at 4:20 AM, David <dasolexa at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear David,
>
> thanks ever so much for your answer.
>
> Do you mean predicting the original values based on the fitted model

Yes.

> and then comparing observed vs. predicted by, for example, a scatterplot?

Not really sure what plot type would be most illuminating. You indicated your original plan was for a histogram, which made me think that either there were a large number of replicates at each point or you planned on aggregating the counts without regard for their locations, i.e. nature of the "Sampling_point" variable. There might be issues related to distances from edges or adjacency that might require a "spatial" treatment (for which packages are available). Also unclear was the number of different cleaning methods or cleaning intensities or cleaning durations, i.e. the structure of the "Cleaning" variable.

As always ... and as pointed out in the Posting Guide ... a complete description of the data structure (and size) of the problem, and an example dataset is most helpful in providing illustrations of code. This might also be more on-topic on the mixed models mailing list if it involves any tricky issues. If it just involves running the code, then this mailing list is probably adequate to the task.

And it's a plain text list so be warned that an html formatted version of a dataset will generally arrive in a mangled form to the list readership.

David.