[R] load() failed to load .Rdata file in AWS-Ububtu

Christofer Bogaso bogaso.christofer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 19:05:37 CEST 2017

Thanks Eric for your pointer. However I just altered the argument of
load() function a little bit to get that loaded. Below is the line
what I tried.

ubuntu at ip-172-31-23-148:~$ R

R version 3.4.2 (2017-09-28) -- "Short Summer"

Copyright (C) 2017 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing

Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

During startup - Warning message:

Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C"

> load("/home/ubuntu/Dat.RData")

However it still failing when I try that within my shiny app in AWS.

Below are my ui.R and server.R files respectively.

library(shiny)

# Define UI for miles per gallon application
fluidPage(
      fluidRow(
        column(12,
          tableOutput('table')
        )
      )
    )

server.R :

library(shiny)

load("/home/ubuntu/Dat.RData")

shinyServer(function(input, output) {
output$table = renderTable(head(data.frame(1:20, 1:20), 20))
})

with above setup when I deploy my shiny app I get below error :

18.221.184.94:3838 says
The application unexpectedly exited
Diagnostic information has been dumped to the JavaScript error console.

appreciate any help to get rid of this error.

Thanks for your time.