[R] comparing two strings from data

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Oct 13 09:17:48 CEST 2017

data_2 <- read.csv("excel_data.csv",stringsAsFactors=FALSE)
column_1 <- data_2$data1
column_2 <- data_2$data2
result <- match( column_1, column_2 )

Please read the Posting Guide mentioned at the bottom of this and every posting, in particular about posting plain text so that what we see will be what you saw when you sent the message. You should also read about how to create reproducible examples, e.g. about using dput as mentioned in [1] and [2], and verifying the example before sending it [3].

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the vignette)