[R] Select part of character row name in a data frame

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Oct 19 18:01:08 CEST 2017

(Re-)read the discussion of indexing (both `[` and `[[`) and be sure to get clear on the difference between matrices and data frames in the Introduction to R document that comes with R. There are many ways to create numeric vectors, character vectors, and logical vectors that can then be used as indexes, including the straightforward way:

df[ c(
"Unique to strat          ",
"Unique to strat:crt.dummy                 ",
"Common to strat, and crt.dummy         ",
"Common to strat, and gender         ",
"Common to strat, and age                 ") ,]