[R] <p>R encountered a fatal error. </p> The session was terminated. + *** caught illegal operation ***

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 15:49:29 CEST 2017

Just tried upgrading on this machine (better late than never...) R gave no apparetn problems, either standalone or in RStudio 1.0.143. Newest RStudio gives me a strange warning on startup:

Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘.GlobalEnv’

but appears to run sanely otherwise.

(Looks like I had a script window looking at a function in .GlobalEnv which was no longer there. Closing the script seems to have cured the problem.)

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501