[R] run r script in r-fiddle

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Oct 31 12:42:43 CET 2017

    > We were talking about r-fiddle. It gives error there [*],

    > that's why I suggested using RCurl.

    >> source("https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msuzen/isingLenzMC/master/R/isingUtils.R")
    > ...  unsupported URL scheme Error : cannot open the
    > connection

and later you note that it seems to run R-3.1.2 --- which is
ridiculously outdated.

I think R-help should not be (mis)used at all to talk about
R-Fiddle, then.
Notably as I think it's been provided by a company that no
longer exists under that name, and even if that'd be wrong,  R-Fiddle
does not seem free software (apart from the R parts, I hope !).

If another asked about his/her problems using R 3.1.2, I think
we would all tell him to go away and install a current version
of R, and not waste any more bandwidth and R-help readers' time,
wouldn't we ?