[R] error to run this package

Fox, John jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Oct 31 19:08:03 CET 2017

Dear John and Anima,

I didn't reply earlier because other people got to it before I did and because, given the lack of information in the original post, there wasn't anything to add.

The car package shouldn't require anything near 2.5 Gb to load. Here's what I get under Windows 10 with R 3.4.2:

> memory.size()
[1] 62.08
> library(car)
> memory.size()
[1] 166.09

The units are MB (the ?memory.size help page says "Mb" but I believe that's usually for "megabits" and that it isn't what's intended).

Some more information, as has been suggested by other posters, might help.

Best,
 John

John Fox, Professor Emeritus
McMaster University