[R] comparition of occurrence of multiple variables between two dataframes

David L Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Tue Sep 12 16:32:01 CEST 2017

You need to learn how to send plain text messages. See below what happened to your html table when the list converted it to plain text. It is unreadable.

In your original post, you say "The very last column is the value given to the tree, according to the structures found on it (each structure giving a number of point to the tree by its presence on it)."

That suggests that the point value is based on the structures. If that is so the answer to your question is "yes", higher point values will have different numbers/combinations of structures because you computed point value from the structures. No statistical test between the two groups will be valid because the groups were not formed independently of the structures.

Looking for associations between different types of structures would be a different question that would not be based on point value at all but would use some measure of association/correlation.

David L Carlson
Department of Anthropology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4352