[R] bowed linear approximations

Eric Berger ericjberger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 09:27:20 CEST 2017

Hi Rich,
If I understand your comment about "uniformly distributed along the log=x
axis" then I think John's (second) set of commands needs a change to the
definition of xx, as follows:

xx <- exp(seq(from=log(min(x)),to=log(max(x)),length=50))
m <- lm(y ~ log(x))
yy <- predict(m, data.frame(x=xx))
points(xx, yy, col="red")

HTH,