[R] Any package which takes the likelihood function and do Lasso fitting?

Jixian (Jason) Wang jixwang at celgene.com
Tue Sep 26 17:14:35 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I am looking for a package that takes the likelihood function and use the L1 penalty for MLE.  More specifically I would like to fit the Hawke process model using the function likelihoodHawkes() in package "hawkes" https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/hawkes/hawkes.pdf.  Had a look at lasso packages at CRAN and couldn't find a general purpose one.  Although I can use an optimizer, I guess it may be less efficient than specific ones for Lasso.  I would be grateful for suggestions on packages or on how to efficiently use a general optimizer.

Best wishes

Jason

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]