[R] need held in r coding.

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Thu Sep 28 01:24:19 CEST 2017

It's pretty clear from the error message that dat$Date is not an appropriate time-based object.

Since dat$Date is created by the get_majorlandmarks() function, and your question provides no information about that, it's hard to be more specific.

However, I would suggest looking at the output of
  class(dat$Date)
and
  str(dat$Date)
The results should indicate that dat$Date somehow indicates a time-based ordering.

I wouldn't be surprised if dat$Date is a factor (the class() function will tell you if it is), in which case something is wrong with how dat is constructed. For example, there might be invalid values in an input file.

The other thing is whether dates are acceptable to xts() for the order.by argument. I don't know.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory