[R] RQDA/RGtk2 Installation Problem

Ryoko Yamamoto ryokobe @ending from gm@il@com
Sun Apr 15 04:11:04 CEST 2018

Greetings,

I have been having a problem installing RQDA on my Mac (OS 10.13.2). I
followed the installation process on the RQDA page (
http://rqda.r-forge.r-project.org/), but I keep getting an error message
saying that I am missing pkg-config and GTK. I reinstalled XQuartz and GTK+
2.24.17 multiple times (and reinstalled R version 3.4.4), but kept
receiving the same error message. I also tried to install RGtk2 from
MacPort, but got the same error messages. I am posting the log below, in
hope it will help someone to see the problem/solution.

In my Googling for solution, I saw some other people posting the same
problem, but have not seen a solution. I'd appreciate if anyone could help
me to fix this. I really would love to be able to use RQDA!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ryoko

> install.packages('RQDA')
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
also installing the dependencies ‘cairoDevice’, ‘gWidgetsRGtk2’, ‘RGtk2’

Packages which are only available in source form, and may need
  compilation of C/C++/Fortran: ‘cairoDevice’ ‘RGtk2’
Do you want to attempt to install these from sources?
y/n: y

installing the source packages ‘cairoDevice’, ‘gWidgetsRGtk2’, ‘RGtk2’,
‘RQDA’

trying URL 'https://cran.ism.ac.jp/src/contrib/cairoDevice_2.24.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 39639 bytes (38 KB)
downloaded 38 KB

trying URL 'https://cran.ism.ac.jp/src/contrib/gWidgetsRGtk2_0.0-86.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 165187 bytes (161 KB)
downloaded 161 KB

trying URL 'https://cran.ism.ac.jp/src/contrib/RGtk2_2.20.34.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 2793069 bytes (2.7 MB)
downloaded 2.7 MB

trying URL 'https://cran.ism.ac.jp/src/contrib/RQDA_0.3-1.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 134113 bytes (130 KB)
downloaded 130 KB

* installing *source* package ‘cairoDevice’ ...
** package ‘cairoDevice’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
checking for pkg-config... no
ERROR: Cannot find pkg-config.
ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘cairoDevice’
* removing
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/cairoDevice’
* installing *source* package ‘RGtk2’ ...
** package ‘RGtk2’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
checking for pkg-config... no
checking for INTROSPECTION... no
checking for GTK... no
configure: error: GTK version 2.8.0 required
ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘RGtk2’
* removing
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/RGtk2’
ERROR: dependencies ‘RGtk2’, ‘cairoDevice’ are not available for package
‘gWidgetsRGtk2’
* removing
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/gWidgetsRGtk2’
ERROR: dependencies ‘gWidgetsRGtk2’, ‘RGtk2’ are not available for package
‘RQDA’
* removing
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/RQDA’

The downloaded source packages are in

‘/private/var/folders/1_/59k3mmjd42q869s4tkbpb0200000gn/T/RtmpeYrG4k/downloaded_packages’
Warning messages:
1: In install.packages("RQDA") :
  installation of package ‘cairoDevice’ had non-zero exit status
2: In install.packages("RQDA") :
  installation of package ‘RGtk2’ had non-zero exit status
3: In install.packages("RQDA") :
  installation of package ‘gWidgetsRGtk2’ had non-zero exit status
4: In install.packages("RQDA") :
  installation of package ‘RQDA’ had non-zero exit status

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]