[R] Obtain gradient at multiple values for exponential decay model

g l gnu||nux @end|ng |rom gmx@com
Fri Apr 6 12:43:45 CEST 2018

> Sent: Friday, April 06, 2018 at 5:55 AM
> From: "David Winsemius" <dwinsemius using comcast.net>
>

> Not correct. You already have `predict`. It is capale of using the `newdata` values to do interpolation with the values of the coefficients in the model. See:
>
> ?predict

The § details did not mention interpolation explicity; thanks.

> The original question asked for a derivative (i.e. a "gradient"), but so far it's not clear that you understand the mathematical definiton of that term. We also remain unclear whether this is homework.

The motivation of this post was simple differentiation of a tangent point (dy/dx) manually, then wondering how to re-think in modern-day computing terms. Hence the original question about asking the appropriate functions/syntax to read further ("curiosity"), not the answer (indeed, "homework"). :)

Personal curiosity should be considered "homework".