[R] Warnings using SuperLearner?

Kan Z. Gianattasio k@n@gi@n@tt@@io @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Aug 9 16:22:55 CEST 2018

 Hello,

I'm using the CV.SuperLearner to model a binary outcome using a set of
predictors, specifying family=binomial(), method = "method.AUC", and
SL.library = c("SL.glmnet", "SL.glm", "SL.randomForest", "SL.gam",
"SL.polymars", "SL.mean").

I'm getting a number of warning messages (copied below), and have not been
able to find anything about what they imply, or how to address them. Any
insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

---

I get the following warnings as the models are being run (many times over):

step half ouch...
step half ouch...
warning - model size was reduced
warning - model size was reduced
step half ouch...
step half ouch...
step half ouch...
step half ouch...
warning - model size was reduced
step half ouch...
warning - model size was reduced

At the very end, I'm also getting the following:

1: In method$computeCoef(Z = Z, Y = Y, libraryNames = libraryNames,  :
  optim didn't converge when estimating the super learner coefficients,
reason (see ?optim):  52  optim message:  ERROR:
ABNORMAL_TERMINATION_IN_LNSRCH
2: In method$computeCoef(Z = Z, Y = Y, libraryNames = libraryNames,  :
  optim didn't converge when estimating the super learner coefficients,
reason (see ?optim):  52  optim message:  ERROR:
ABNORMAL_TERMINATION_IN_LNSRCH
3: In method$computeCoef(Z = Z, Y = Y, libraryNames = libraryNames,  :
  optim didn't converge when estimating the super learner coefficients,
reason (see ?optim):  52  optim message:  ERROR:
ABNORMAL_TERMINATION_IN_LNSRCH
4: In method$computeCoef(Z = Z, Y = Y, libraryNames = libraryNames,  :
  optim didn't converge when estimating the super learner coefficients,
reason (see ?optim):  52  optim message:  ERROR:
ABNORMAL_TERMINATION_IN_LNSRCH
5: In method$computeCoef(Z = Z, Y = Y, libraryNames = libraryNames,  :
  optim didn't converge when estimating the super learner coefficients,
reason (see ?optim):  52  optim message:  ERROR:
ABNORMAL_TERMINATION_IN_LNSRCH
6: In method$computeCoef(Z = Z, Y = Y, libraryNames = libraryNames,  :
  optim didn't converge when estimating the super learner coefficients,
reason (see ?optim):  52  optim message:  ERROR:
ABNORMAL_TERMINATION_IN_LNSRCH
7: In method$computeCoef(Z = Z, Y = Y, libraryNames = libraryNames,  :
  optim didn't converge when estimating the super learner coefficients,
reason (see ?optim):  52  optim message:  ERROR:
ABNORMAL_TERMINATION_IN_LNSRCH

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]