[R] Finding and changing .Rprofile

philipsm m@ili@g off cp@@el1@stormweb@@et philipsm m@ili@g off cp@@el1@stormweb@@et
Fri Aug 17 22:06:41 CEST 2018

I would like to change my .Rprofile file, but I cannot find it. I use
a Mac Pro and RStudio. I believe the file is a hidden file and I have
checked for it accordingly. I can not find it with a Spotlight search.
It is not in my "default working directory". Is that the same thing as
my "home directory"? I believe I can put a new .Rprofile file in any
project directory, but that is not what I want to do. I want a
.Rprofile file that will apply automatically whenever I start working
on another project. Was one installed automatically when I installed R
and RStudio many months ago and if so, where can I find it? If it was
not installed automatically and I have to create my own, where should
I put it?