[R] Warning: unable to access index for repository...

Tully Holmes tully@holme@ @ending from wyo@gov
Mon Aug 27 22:14:03 CEST 2018

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to install a package with the "install.packages" command in
RGUI, and get the following error message:

> install.packages ("tidyverse")
Warning: unable to access index for repository
https://mran.microsoft.com/snapshot/2017-05-01/src/contrib:
  cannot open URL ''
Warning: unable to access index for repository
https://mran.microsoft.com/snapshot/2017-05-01/bin/windows/contrib/3.3:
  cannot open URL '
https://mran.microsoft.com/snapshot/2017-05-01/bin/windows/contrib/3.3/PACKAGES
'
Warning message:
package ‘tidyverse’ is not available (for R version 3.3.3)

Is there any documentation available that might document all the
destination IP addresses that are involved when the "install.packages"
command is ran?  Our R server is in a part of the state network that has
limited access to the internet, so I need to have outbound openings made in
the firewall that will let the install.packages command access what it
needs to access .  Earlier I have coordinated with the firewall team to
open ports 80 and 443 outbound from our R server to the 3 IP addresses that
correspond to mran.microsoft.com, cran.microsoft.com, and www.stats.ox.ac.uk.
I looked up these 3 IP addresses at network-tools.com.  I think there might
be additional IP addresses involved, because after these openings were
made, I'm still getting the error message above.

Thanks,

--

Tully Holmes

Business Applications Analyst

State of Wyoming

Wyoming Community College Commission

2300 Capitol Ave., 5th Floor, Suite B

Cheyenne, WY 82002

307-777-6832

of public
business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be
disclosed to third parties.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]