[R] how to allign data

PIKAL Petr petr@p|k@| @end|ng |rom prechez@@cz
Fri Aug 3 13:34:34 CEST 2018

Hi Jim

Thanks for your function, however I either do not understand its purpose or I did not explained my aim correctly.

with segmented package I could find x value for break in slope
fit<-lm(y1~x)
segmented(fit, seg.Z=~x)
Estimated Break-Point(s):
psi1.x
 20.77
fit<-lm(y2~x)
segmented(fit, seg.Z=~x)
Estimated Break-Point(s):
psi1.x
 40.99

After that I need to allign both y1 and y2 to common x, for which I could use the difference in estimated beakpoints for each y, which is
> round(40.99-20.77)
[1] 20

and use this difference for aligning data

plot(x,y1)
points(x[-(1:(psi20)]-20,y2[-(1:20)], col=2)

But this seems to me rather complicated so I just asked if there is some shorter and less tedious option.

Actually I cannot decipher how your function could help me to plot y1 and y2 and starting to increase at the same point.

Cheers
Petr