[R] Lag function

Tue Aug 7 19:13:28 CEST 2018

Well, maybe. Whether it's +24 or -24 depends on what you mean by "one day
lag." I suspect you mean -24, but perhaps this will help you decide:

test <- ts(1:72, frequency = 24)
plot(lag(test,24))
plot(lag(test,-24))

Note that the +24 moves the time base back 24 observable units (= hours)
and -24 moves it forward 24 hours. This means that the day 2 observations
are those from day 1, etc., which is usually what is wanted for lag. But
you decide.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter