[R] Submit your own R package - @examples

S Ellison S@E|||@on @end|ng |rom LGCGroup@com
Wed Aug 8 14:24:46 CEST 2018

> Most of my methods, are not exported to the namespace using the
> @examples
> options.

Joanna,
You normally need to export _all_ the objects/functions that you expect users to be able to run.
And if you are giving an example of a function, it seems likely that you expect users to use it, so it needs to be exported.

But it looks like you're using Roxygen and if I'm reading the documentation correctly, @examples doesn't export anything at all. @export does that. See https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/roxygen2/vignettes/namespace.html

This is also a development question: maybe try the R-package-devel or R-devel lists?

Steve Ellison