[R] Resolving installed package updates warning

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Fri Aug 10 20:08:57 CEST 2018

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018, MacQueen, Don wrote:

> C++11 is a programming language.

Don,

   That's what I assumed; a version of c++, which is installed here by
default. Perhaps not that verision, but ...

>   configure: C++11 support available
> and then later says
>  /usr/include/cpl_port.h:187:6: error: #error Must have C++11 or newer.

>    configure: CXX: g++
>    configure: C++11 support available
>    checking C++11 support for GDAL >= 2.3.0... yes
>    checking GDAL version >= 1.11.4... yes

   Since the configuration finds C++11 support available and a sufficiently
current version of gdal the warning/errors make no sense to me.

   FWIW, there's no issue compiling/using gdal on slackware; I've done so for
many years.

Rich