[R] searching for a specific row name in R

MacQueen, Don m@cqueen1 @end|ng |rom ||n|@gov
Mon Aug 13 16:48:50 CEST 2018

Or to return a logical value, i.e., TRUE if the column contains the value, FALSE if it does not:

  any( x[,2] == 'A501' )

-Don
--
Don MacQueen
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

On 8/13/18, 12:09 AM, "R-help on behalf of Albrecht Kauffmann" <r-help-bounces using r-project.org on behalf of alkauffm using fastmail.fm> wrote:

    Hello Deepa,

    sum(x[,2] == "A501")
    or
    which(x[,2] == "A501")