[R] Understanding read.csv error message [FIXED]

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Sat Aug 18 17:00:00 CEST 2018

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018, MacQueen, Don wrote:

> It's not obvious what would be causing that error from read.csv. But
> here's what I would probably try:

> I'd try switching to the more general read.table.

Don/Peter,

   I found the problem: it was in the following line in the script which
referenced 'date' rather than 'sampdate'.

   Single or double quotes make no difference within the script.

   I have a vague recollection from long ago that read.table() is a better
choice than read.csv(). I don't recall the details why, but I did change the
function to read.table(), fixed the column name, and have only the labeling
of the xyploy() left to fix.

Thanks very much, both of you,

Rich