[R] Request for R Assistance: Downloading Data

Sun Aug 19 23:38:40 CEST 2018

I think this hunch is off the mark... the file name is fine as it is... if anything will confuse R it would be that the data inside the file are not what was expected.

If in fact the file is csv formatted then the function to read it would be read.csv [1] or read.table [2]. Read the help pages for these functions and read the R Data Import/Export documentation [3].

[1] ?read.csv at R console
[2] ?read.table many of the options for this function will work for read.csv.
[3] https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-data.html