[R] R shared library (/usr/lib64/R/lib/libR.so) not found.

Peter Langfelder peter@|@ng|e|der @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Aug 23 17:45:37 CEST 2018

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 7:33 AM Berwin A Turlach
<berwin.turlach using gmail.com> wrote:

> G'day Rolf,
>
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 23:34:38 +1200
> Rolf Turner <r.turner using auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>
> > I guess I should have said --- I did
> >
> >      sudo make prefix=/usr install
> >
> > which puts stuff into /usr rather than into /usr/local.
>
> ???
>
> I do not remember ever specifying "prefix=foo" at the make install
> stage.  Not for any software that uses autoconf &c.
>
> I thought the prefix should be specified to ./configure and after that
> just
>         make
>         make check
>         make install
>
> I am pretty sure that the location of RHOME is set by the path
> specified (explicitly or implicitly) to ./configure.  If you then
> install R at another location with your construct, some problems seem
> to be pre-programmed.  But I could be wrong.

The manual, specifically

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html#Installation

documents this way of choosing the installation directory.

Peter