[R] R and factorytalk historian

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil @ending from dcn@d@vi@@c@@u@
Tue Dec 11 17:18:08 CET 2018

R supports a wide range of data transfer methods, Petr... you know for example that if you export data from Excel in CSV format then you can import it to R, yet this solution does not satisfy all users in all cases. What expectations do you have?

Why don't you do some legwork and identify what data formats/mechanisms this "FactoryTalk Historian" understands? E.g. does it understand csv? ODBC? COM? HTTP API?