[R] Webshot failed to take snapshot in Ubuntu machine

Christofer Bogaso bog@@o@chri@tofer @ending from gm@il@com
Tue Dec 18 13:37:18 CET 2018

Hi,

I was using webshot package to take snapshot of a webpage as below:

library(webshot)
webshot('
https://www.bseindia.com/stock-share-price/asian-paints-ltd/asianpaint/500820/',
'bb.pdf')

However what I see is a Blank PDF file is saved.

However if I use the same code in my windows machine it is able to produce
correct snapshot.

Below is my system information
> Sys.info()
                                       sysname
                                       "Linux"
                                       release
                           "4.4.0-139-generic"
                                       version
"#165-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 24 10:58:50 UTC 2018"
                                      nodename
                  "ubuntu-s-2vcpu-4gb-blr1-01"
                                       machine
                                      "x86_64"
                                         login
                                        "root"
                                          user
                                        "root"
                                effective_user
                                        "root"

Any idea what went wrong would be highly helpful.

Thanks,

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]