[R] Issues with R3.5.2

Janh Anni @nnij@nh @ending from gm@il@com
Sun Dec 23 03:01:44 CET 2018

Hi Jeff,

No, during the installation, there was not an option to Run as
Administration.  But *after *installation, I found that if I selected Run
as Administrator, then I could install packages using install.packages as
usual without problems.

Thanks
Janh

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 8:26 PM Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil using dcn.davis.ca.us>
wrote:

> Did you by any chance use Run As Administrator to install R? If so then
> you need to uninstall it and delete all files created by it (e.g.
> Documents/R/win-lib/3.5/) and re-install using UAC as prompted.
>
> On December 22, 2018 5:10:27 PM PST, Janh Anni <annijanh using gmail.com> wrote:
> >Dear R Experts,
> >
> >I use Windows 10 and just installed the new R version, R3.5.2 but when
> >tried to load a data file using read.table, I got an error message like
> >this:
> >
> >*Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection*
> >*In addition: Warning message:*
> >*In file(file, "rt") :*
> >*  cannot open file 'StreamPCB.dat': No such file or directory*
> >
> >Also, I couldn't install packages using install.packages as usual,
> >unless I
> >run R as Administrator
> >
> >I wonder if anyone else had the same issues and any suggestions how to
> >fix?
> >
> >Thanks a lot
> >Janh

> --