[R] Suppress horizontal mean line in beanplot()

Samuel Knapp samuel.knapp at tum.de
Tue Feb 13 19:31:49 CET 2018

Hi,

I would like to use the beanplot() function from the beanplot package.
Unfortunately, I can't find out how to suppress the dashed horizontal
line, that shows the overall mean.

In the help I've found the argument "overallline", but it only allows
for "mean" or "median" .

I have tried overallline = F, overallline="n", and overallline="", but
without success.

Strangely, I could also not find any suggestions on the internet.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,

Samuel

## Example code using the dataset InsectSprays from datasets package

library(beanplot)

beanplot(count ~ spray, data = InsectSprays)

# How to remove the dashed horizonal line?

--
Samuel Knapp

Lehrstuhl für Pflanzenernährung
Technische Universität München